We love this gorgeous ultra-soft yarn for so many reasons! Spun from 100% Finest Organic Merino, Big Merino Hug is:
- Guaranteed not scratchy - even children and babies love it!
- Available in the most beautiful, rich palette. Every colour combination works effortlessly
- The first Organic Merino that's machine washable!
- Guaranteed good for the environment, for the sheep and for us! organic-certified byGOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). In fact the wool, the yarn and the entire production process are GOTS-CERTIFIED!
- Patagonian wool, spun and dyed at a small mill in England
Look out for the limited edition colours which are added to the palette twice a year, but which sell out quickly! Sign up for our Newsletter and we'll let you know when we're getting them.
100% Virgin Wool, Organic, Extra-Fine, Machine Washable Merino
4.5 - 5 mm (US 7 - 9)
17 sts x 25 rows = 10cm (4")
WHY OUR YARN IS SPECIAL
100% organic, certified by GOTS (Read more about GOTS here) – independently and strictly controlled
finest Patagonian Merino wool, extremely soft, machine washable, and guaranteed not scratchy – children will love this wool, and adults too
- our rare yarns come from endangered sheep breeds, which contributes to the protection of the species. And the wool can be traced back to the flock!
ORGANIC MADE DIFFERENTLY
- Since the term "organic" is not protected, it is often used even if only a tiny part of the production chain fulfills in fact organic criteria. GOTS, on the other hand, covers every single step in the production chain, from sheep to yarn, and its criteria are public.
- Organic yarns of other sheep breeds often feel scratchy, because for most people wool which is 22 Microns or coarser seems rather rough. Our Patagonian Merino wool has 19.5 Microns and therefore especially soft.
- Most organic yarns are available only in undyed shades. Our yarn is dyed according to GOTS criteria without poisonous substances and is available in many beautiful colours, which neither harm your health nor the environment.
RECENTLY WE HAVE ALSO BEGUN TO PROCESS WOOL FROM SHEEP BREEDS THAT ARE RARE AND IN DANGER OF EXTINCTION. WE DONATE A SHARE OF THE REVENUE TO THE RARE BREEDS SURVIVAL TRUST, WHICH IS COMMITTED TO THE CONSERVATION OF ENDANGERED SHEEP BREEDS IN GREAT BRITAIN.
The whole story how Rosy Green Wool came into existence and what we experienced on the way to our own yarn is currently only available in German on our Blog blog.rosygreenwool.de.