We love Silk Garden Solo so much, but sometimes you need something a little thinner.
Enter Silk Garden "Sock" Solo - in a Sport weight. Unlike SG Solo, this "Sock" blend includes some nylon for extra strength - just in case you want to use it for socks. The rest of the 75% is made up of wool, silk and some yummy mohair.
The yarn is a super interesting single-ply yarn in super saturated colour with flecks and neps and so much depth and tonality!
We wouldn't describe it as super soft, so it won't fall apart on you! It would make a gorgeous garment or accessory on its own, but if you'd like to add some softness, consider holding it together with a thread of lace weight silk mohair.
As with other Noro yarns, it has a hand-spun, thick & thin quality, which just adds even more to the character of this amazing yarn. Check out these free patterns for this lovely yarn here.
If you're a Noro lover, you'll LOVE this yarn! And if you haven't tried a Noro yet, you should!
For over 40 years Noro has produced the most beautiful, inimitable Organic, ecologically responsible, hand-dyed and hand-spun yarns. We encourage you to read more about Noro under "The Brand" tab above.
A very, very special yarn - it's a dream come true for us to be able to stock Noro.
Sport / Light DK
- Harmonise natural unevenness, asymmetric pattern and complex colour to portray the beauty of the nature.
- Taking sufficient time to dye yarn
- Tenderness of materials to preserve their original characters and deliver them into the hands of the crafter
- “BE FREE FROM EXISTING CONCEPTS AND LIMITATIONS”
- “PURSUE THE IMAGE IN OUR MINDS”