Become an indie-dyer and create your own hand-dyed yarn! This Deluxe kit contains everything you need to make your own truly unique colourways.
Suitable for anyone - no experience necessary, the kit contains all the equipment and instructions you need to try out 4 different dye techniques
so you can really let your creativity fly:
- speckle dyeing
- dip dyeing
- hand-painting dyeing
- immersion dyeing
Most of the equipment is reusable.As featured in Knitting magazine, January 2019 and August 2019!
Created by a fabulous, local, independent small business.WHAT’S IN THE BOX
YOU WILL NEED…
- Little Book of Yarn Dyeing, the full-colour beginner’s guide by Suzie Blackman!
10 x 20g skeins of ethically sourced 4ply/Fingering weight 100% Superwash Merino yarn
- 3g Procion MX reactive dye pigment in six colours (0.5g each of Magenta, Orange-Red, Yellow, Lime, Royal Blue, Plum)
- 20g citric acid crystals
- 3 x 200ml dropper bottles
- Stainless steel dye spoon
- Wooden stirrers
- 1 pair disposable gloves
- Microwave oven or stainless steel vegetable steamer
- Large Pyrex glass or stainless steel bowls
- Plastic tray, approx. A3 sized (30 x 42cm or 12 x 16.5")
Note that the kit contains fine powders that are not suitable for handling by children.SUSTAINABILITY
All materials for kits have been sourced responsibly. The kit box is UK made from part recycled pulp and is recyclable. The paper packing is recycled and recyclable. The dropper bottles are reusable and recyclable at curb-side. The booklet is printed on FSC certified paper, and the stirrers are made from FSC certified wood and are biodegradable.