The Power Base Upgrade for the Heavy Duty Ball Winder (sold separately) will to turn your manual unit into a motorised ball winder. Operated with the touch of a button, no more hand-cranking!
The Power base uses an essential sturdy platform which is designed for commercial use with heavy duty Swiss gears and large diameter shafts in key areas (3/8" and 10mm).
The strong and steady platform houses a robust motor, and flexible control system. The motor has enough torque to wind large "balls" but is sensitive enough to not rip yarn in the event of a jam or skein tangle. The automatic slip system will keep the ball winder from turning when it detects a jam or other problem, and it kicks in instantaneously. There's no other ball winder like it!
The unit is very intuitive and is easy to use.
- 10 forward speeds (Run)
- 3 Jog Speeds forward
- 3 Jog speeds reverse
- A "Save" button which saves your preferred speed
- Electronic Yarn Meter Interface connection (yarn meter not included)
- Foot Pedal connection (foot pedal not included)
- Wooden Safety Guard
- Auto shutoff feature to protect circuit
- Sturdy clamp system that secures the power base to table and ball wider to power base
- Front mounted control panel (membrane switches)
- Rear mounted Input/Output Panel for cables
- 24 Volt DC Power Supply 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz Worldwide Power Supply. The plug is a US 3-pin plug. You will need a simple travel adapter to use in a UK/European socket
- Front mounted "Power On" LED
- Maple Hardwood dovetail joint housing with custom 5/16" dia. L Bolts and clamp blocks
- Effective RPM at Spindle Arm approx. 650 RPM based on a 5X gear multiplier, 100 Ounce/Inch Torque (135 RPM at motor shaft)
We sell this product for £700 (incl VAT). If it's out of stock and you'd like us to order it in for you, please contact us.
This will be the last ball winder you'll ever buy!