The Power Base Upgrade for the Heavy Duty Ball Winder (sold separately) will to turn your manual unit into a motorised ball winder. Operated with the touch of a button, no more hand-cranking!
The Power base uses an essential sturdy platform which is designed for commercial use with heavy duty Swiss gears and large diameter shafts in key areas (3/8" and 10mm).
The strong and steady platform houses a robust motor, and flexible control system. The motor has enough torque to wind large "balls" but is sensitive enough to not rip yarn in the event of a jam or skein tangle. The automatic slip system will keep the ball winder from turning when it detects a jam or other problem, and it kicks in instantaneously. There's no other ball winder like it!
The unit is very intuitive and is easy to use.
- 10 forward speeds (Run)
- 3 Jog Speeds forward
- 3 Jog speeds reverse
- A "Save" button which saves your preferred speed
- Electronic Yarn Meter Interface connection (yarn meter not included)
- Foot Pedal connection (foot pedal not included)
- Wooden Safety Guard
- Auto shutoff feature to protect circuit
- Sturdy clamp system that secures the power base to table and ball wider to power base
- Front mounted control panel (membrane switches)
- Rear mounted Input/Output Panel for cables
- 24 Volt DC Power Supply 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz Worldwide Power Supply. The plug is a US 3-pin plug. You will need a simple travel adapter to use in a UK/European socket
- Front mounted "Power On" LED
- Maple Hardwood dovetail joint housing with custom 5/16" dia. L Bolts and clamp blocks
- Effective RPM at Spindle Arm approx. 650 RPM based on a 5X gear multiplier, 100 Ounce/Inch Torque (135 RPM at motor shaft)
This will be the last ball winder you'll ever buy!